By Jonathan Steele, RN
Do you have arthritis, mental fog, aches, pains, lack energy or difficulty sleeping? Rather than suffering from age related conditions, in reality, you may have a reversible condition.
Doctors call this condition chronic, unintentional dehydration. A better description is the nursing diagnoses of fluid and electrolyte imbalance.
As we age, our thirst perception is impaired. We may think we are not thirsty yet the above symptoms are a few of the many cries for water our body makes.
The solution to rehydrate is easy, simply drink more water and take in more salt, but only the right kind of salt. The salt helps the water get inside all of our cells where it can do the most good.
The Great Salt Shake Up
You may constantly hear salt is bad for heath. Yet journals like Science, American Journal of Hypertension and JAMA (The Journal of the American Medical Association) have all published research showing the opposite.
JAMA reported there was no strong proof that reducing salt intake will reduce the risk of heart attack, strokes, or death for those with normal or high blood pressure.
A European study even found that those who ate less salt had an increased risk of dying from heart disease.
The evidence of salt being associated with heart disease is weak. More importantly, the evidence is all base on iodized table salt.
Refined table salt is 97.5 percent sodium chloride. The balance is man-made chemicals like anti-caking agents such as ferrocyanide and aluminosilicate.
Instead of table salt, switch to unprocessed sea salt. It is about 85% sodium chloride and the remaining 15% is made up of naturally occurring trace minerals. These minerals are essential for health.
The Solution to Your Health Challenges
As long as you do not have kidney disease, salt intolerance or you are not under a doctors care, try the water cures protocol tonight.
For better sleep tonight, drink a glass of water. Once down, put a pinch of sea salt in your mouth and let it dissolve.
On awaking, do the opposite. Put a pinch of unprocessed sea salt in your mouth and dissolve it totally. Then drink a glass of water. Drink it all at once, don't nurse it. Preferably, drink it within 20 min of getting up and 1/2 hour before you eat breakfast.
Good health to you and yours. For more info, go to ....http:/www.WaterCures.org
Jonathan Steele, RN has a career that has taken him from hospital nurse, high tech pediatric nurse, hospice and now holistic nurse. Having used holistic health treatments in the hospital for over a decade, he is now in private practice. His specialities are pain elimination, anemia management and memory enhancement.